Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Great Lasagna-Off...

It's a throw-down.  Bobby Flay style.

Date:  Saturday, February 5th, 2011
Place:  Our house
Time:  Dinner time

Last blog I explained about our love of cooking.  And our love of Food TV.

Our obsession has grown, exponentially, over the weekend.

For a while, UncleR has been bragging about this FABU lemon chicken lasagna that she makes.  It just so happens that I make a pretty good Italian style lasagna myself.  So, I did the only thing I could and issued her a challenge.  We'll both make our lasagnas and have the rest of the family pick their favorites.  Whomever wins the challenge will hold the title of Pasta Queen in the Jen/UncleR household. 

We explained the competition this morning to the other members of our family.  I vaguely remember UncleR telling our kid that she was gonna win, hands down.  I was proud when I heard him mutter under his breath in response:  "We'll seeeeee."...in a creepy, thriller movie sort of way.

I'm not saying I'm above bribery, because I'm not.  But, my faith in my culinary skills tells me that, really...I have nothing to worry about.

Stay tuned for the wrap-up on "The Great Lasagna-Off" this weekend.

And to my loving partner:  If you can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment